The coronavirus (COVID-19) is having an impact on the South Australian community.
This page provides information about consumer rights, business obligations and changes in how customer service is being delivered by Consumer and Business Services (CBS).
Face to face enquiries
Our face to face advisory service for tenancy and fair trading enquiries will be unavailable until further notice. We are taking these measures to prioritise the health and safety of the community and our staff.
If you do need to attend the Customer Service Centre you can still speak to an Advice and Conciliation officer using the telephone available.
Alternatively you can call 131 882 between 9am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and speak to an officer.
Changes to services
- No cash payments to CBS - CBS is not accepting cash payments at the Customer Service Centre
- Changes to Registry Office appointments and over the counter applications - There are some important changes to appointments and applications at CBS.
- Justices of the Peace have been directed to stop working in the community if they are unwell or fall into a high risk group.
- Information for consumers - Important details about contracts, cancellations and refunds.
Rental and real estate advice
To ensure the safety of the community and our staff we respectfully request that where possible you post all bond applications/forms to us at:
GPO Box 965
Adelaide SA 5001
Or use Residential Bonds Online.
- Rental advice due to COVID-19 - A range of answers to common situations arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information for international students - This information is for students who are unable to travel to South Australia and need to cancel their rental accommodation or change the date of moving in.
- Real estate auctions and open house inspections are prohibited from 11.59pm 25 March 2020 - however, private appointments for inspection can still be made.
Liquor and gambling
- Liquor licence holders and COVID-19 - Important information about initiatives that may impact and support licensees.
- Updates to short-term liquor licences - The Government has agreed to provide free short-term licences to licensees operating a small bar, cafe, restaurant or community club to allow for the sale of takeaway liquor.
- Restrictions on indoor gatherings - As of midday 23 March, a number of restrictions apply to indoor gatherings.
- Trading Round cancelled for 23 March - Details about the cancellation of the scheduled trading round.
- Licensed builders and tradespeople can continue to trade but should be mindful of SA Health advice to business and industry.
- Building contracts - Information about protections in place for those currently building a home
- Information for Associations - How restrictions on gatherings may impact Annual General Meetings.